Xah Tech Warfare Generator Rezzer
This page is the documentation of “Xah Tech Warfare Generator Rezzer” for Tech Warfare in Second Life. If you don't know what Tech Warfare is, see: Tech Warfare Guide. For Second Life, see: Second Life Screenshot Gallery.
“Xah Tech Warfare Generator Rezzer” allows you to easily configure your generator placements, for much added fun. You can buy it at SL Marketplace.
How To Setup
- Rez the object “Xah Tech Warfare Generator Rezzer boxed”.
- Right click and choose Open in pie-menu.
- Click “Copy To Inventory”.
Now, in your inventory, you should have these items:
- Tech Warfare Gen Rezzer Manual
- Tech Warfare Generator Control Panel
- Tech Warfare Generator Config Rezzer
- Tech Warfare Guide Giver
Rez Control Panel and Gen Rezzer
Rez the control panel and gen rezzer by the following steps:
- Turn on view invisible.(Pull the menu 〖View ▸ Highlight Transparent〗, or press 【Ctrl+Alt+t】)
- Rez the object “Tech Warfare Generator Config Rezzer”. (drag it from your inventory to the ground).
- Move the object “Tech Warfare Generator Config Rezzer” to the center of your Tech War arena. (right click on it, then drag the arrows.)
- Rez the object “Tech Warfare Generator Control Panel”. (drag it from your inventory to the ground)
To test it is working, you can touch the Control Panel and see different generator configuration are rezzed. However, those generator are dummies. The next step is to place real generator inside the Rezzer.
Place Generators inside Rezzer
- Open the Rezzer, you'll see a “Red Generator” in it. Delete it. (Here's how to: Right click on the rezzer, choose “Edit” in the pie-menu, then choose the Content tab. You'll see a “Red Generator”. Click on it, press Delete key to delete it.)
- Now, rez a real Red Generator from your inventory. (drag the item “Red Generator” from your inventory's tech war folder, to the ground)
- Place the script named “generator_listener.lsl” into it. (Right click on the Red Generator, choose Edit in pie-menu, then choose Content tab. Then, drag the script generator_listener.lsl from your inventory into its Content tab.)
- Now, rename this generator to just “Red Generator”. (Click on the General tab, you'll see in the Name field says something like “Red Generator,1,3,3,VENcQkdRUEZM”. Rename it to just “Red Generator”)
- Now, take this generator back to your inventory.
- Now, drag this generator into the Rezzer. (right click on Rezzer, choose Edit in pie-menu, then click on Content tab, then, drag the Red Generator you just modified from your inventory into the Content tab.)
Do the same thing for blue generator.
Now you are all done!
To use the gen rezzer, simply click the Control Panel, and generators will be rezzed.
Setting Arena Size and Orientation
By default, the arena size is assumed to be 60 by 40, with the red and blue bases facing each other on the longer length. If your arena is of different size, you can change this. The following is how:
- Touch the rezzer. (read your chat, as it will tell you it is ready)
- Type the x-length and y-length of your arena.
The rezzer will tell you in chat if it is set successfully. If your arena is rectangular, but you want to control the orientation of the bases, you can use a slightly larger value for one of the length. For example, if your arena is 40 by 40, and your bases are aligned on West/East ends of the arena, then you can say “40.01 40”. On the other hand, you your bases are aligned on North/South, you can say “40 40.01”
Thank you for purchasing Xah Tech Warfare Generator Rezzer. If you have any problems, please feel free to contact me. My Second Life name is Xah Toll.
Try Xah Tele-Dasher!