Second Life's 3D-Construction Questions
If you know the answers, please let me know. (Xah Toll in-world).
If you create a prism prim, with X=4 and Y=4. Then create a cube prim with X=4 and Y=4. Now, place the prism on top of the cube. You'll see that the prism prim's X and Y is not exactly the prim's side. So, what exactly does the X and Y in prism prim measure?
If you rez a cylinder with X=Y=4, then place the prism on top, you'll see that they match. So, think of the prism prim with a bounding cylinder. The X and Y are just the cylinder's diameter from the x-axes and y-axes directions. The formula for the actual relation between a circle's dimater and the various length inscribed equiangular triangle can be computed using trig.
How to build a silhouette dance ball?
- Make a sphere of radius 3.
- Make it hollow 95.
- Make the twist B=180 and E=180.
- Make the texture blank.
- Edit texture on the outside, make it red or any other color. (use Select Texture). Then, turn on transparency to 2.
- Edit texture on the inside, make it blue or any other color.
- If you want the color change, put a script in the object.
Try Xah Tele-Dasher!